One of my favorite places to eat keto in Amsterdam is The Seafood Bar. In the same way I like the avocado dishes at The Avocado Show and the lettuce burger at FIVE Guys, I like the fish at The Seafood Bar.
The Seafood Bar is a modern seafood restaurant that offers a wide variety of the highest quality seafood, cooked in a simple and low-carb way. I love that most of the recipes at The Seafood Bar are keto.
Let me also add, Peppe, if you are reading this post, please open another tab and book a table for us.
It is run by the De Visscher family, you find all the story on their website. The Seafood Bar has 3 locations in Amsterdam, 1 location in Utrecht, and also 1 location in London.
Things to know about The Seafood Bar
- It is a cash-free restaurant: so have your card with you.
- They keep tables for walk ins, but it is better to reserve a table.
- If you are not into seafood and you have to visit this restaurant, ask the staff for the vegetarian options.
Ingredients at The Seafood Bar
The ingredients are fresh and simple. In their website is stated that they use only the best quality and freshest seafood – which is delivered daily. There are not additives and the seafood is never processed. The menu is focused on shellfish, known for having a minimal impact on nature.
The Seafood Bar Menu
The Menu is huge.
For the fish you have of course a lot of choice: crab, shrimps, octopus, oysters, salmon, squid,… If you are desiring a type of fish that is usually not easy to find in the supermarkets, you will be satisfied.
The side dishes are not too many, but healthy and low-carb.
Check the menu:
Keto options at the Seafood Bar
The keto options at the Seafood bar are a lot! If you have any doubt regarding the ingredients of a dish, just ask the friendly waiters!
Keto Fingerfood options at the Seafood Bar
- Shrimps in garlic butter from the oven
- Grilled octopus from Galicia
- Vongole (clams) and razor clams with white wine
- Salmon tartare with avocado
Soups at the Seafood Bar
- Lobster soup
- French fi sh soup
Fruits de Mer at the Seafood Bar
- Fruits de Mar: Combination of cold crustaceans and shellfish; mussels, cockles, razor clams, unpeeled shrimps, vongole (clams), periwinkles, shrimps, crab salad, Tourteau crab, seaweed salad and 2 oysters.
- Fruits de Mar ‘THE SEAFOOD BAR’: Combination of cold crustaceans and shellfish; mussels, cockles, razor clams, salmon, vongole (clams), periwinkles, Tourteau crab, unpeeled shrimps, crab salad, seaweed salad, 2 oysters p.p., snow crab, half lobster p.p., langoustines en prawns.
Served on crushed ice.
Mixed Grill at the Seafood Bar
- Mixed Grill: Combination of crustaceans and fish from the plancha; shrimp, squid, small dover sole, salmon, king prawn, and sea bass fillet. Served with mussels in tomato sauce.
- Mixed Grill Crustaceans: Combination of crustaceans from the plancha; lobster, langoustines, prawns and king crab.
Plateau & Salad at the Seafood Bar
- Plateau: Fresh salad, smoked mackerel, shrimps, crab salad and two types of smoked salmon.
- Salad: Scampi,
mangoand avocado (remove the mango if you want – if you are just in low-carb keep the mango).
All the Oysters at the Seafood Bar
Fine de Claire Juizette la Reveuse no.3: Atlantic coast, France – fine salty taste. 6 pcs.
Irish Rock Oyster no.3: Ireland – Easy going oyster with a good balance between soft and sweet. 6 pcs.
Sea-farm’s Grandeur no.3: Oosterschelde, Netherlands – Grown the French way. Typical soft oyster flavor with a hint of citrus and watermelon. 6pcs
Gillardeau no. 4: Charente-Maritime, France – harmonious and fleshy oyster. Mildly salty, fruity, with a sweet aftertaste and hazelnut aroma. 6 pcs.
Keto Side dishes at the Seafood Bar
- Green salad
- Grilled cauliflower with beurre blanc and parsley
- Green asparagus with Parmesan cheese
My favorite keto choices at The Seafood Bar
Difficult to choose at The Seafood Bar. I should really visit more often this magic restaurant.
Anyway these are my favorite keto choices:
- Grilled octopus from Galicia, as a starter.
- Fruits de Mar ‘The Seafood Bar’ or the Mixed Grill Crustaceans as a mean course.
- Green asparagus with Parmesan cheese, as a side
- White wine to pair all this godsend gift, of course.
The Seafood Bar: Conclusions
I really recommend this family rRestaurant (now chain) when you need to treat yourself with fresh and tasty fish. Here you can find a lot of keto options. That’s why is one of my favorite place to eat in Amsterdam and in The Netherlands in general. Do not forget that there is also a restaurant in London!
If you are going with vegetarian friends, don’t worry, they have vegetarian options.
More articles you may like:
My name is Simona, a keto enthusiast, based in the Netherlands.
I live with my husband, my cat Newton, and a fridge full of cheese.
I also write a lot of keto recipes on my Italian blog keto-with-simona.
“This post may contain affiliate links. This means I will get a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. All the opinions are my own. Read the full disclosure here.“